Genuine Himalayan Aroma Salt Lamp 2kg (Pick up or local delivery only)
- Regular price
- $44.99 NZD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $44.99 NZD
- Unit price
- Himalayan Salt Lamps & Benefits
- Cleaning Instructions
This Natural Aromatherapy Salt Lamp is hand carved (to preserve the natural shape and structure of the salt rock) from salt excavated from the Himalayan Mountains.
Not only do you get all the benefits of a Himalayan salt lamp but you also get to enjoy the scent of your favourite fragrance too!
Each lamp comes with a small glass dish which sits at the top of the lamp. Once the lamp is turned on and warms up, it starts to heat the oil which releases the aroma.
Put one on your bedside table and pour in some essential lavender oil to help you sleep, or use eucalyptus oil in the winter months to help with colds and flu. (we recommend using NZ made essential oils only for a healthier alternative)
Package includes lamp, cord, bulb, glass dish and instructions.
Himalayan salt lamps are carved out of pink Himalayan salt to create soft, decorative lights for your home; the lamp emits a pinkish hue that makes the ambiance feel warm and relaxing. Each piece is unique in design, size and colour including pink, white and grey.
It is claimed that salt lamps can boost mood, improve sleep, ease allergies, help people with asthma breathe better and many other benefits, such as emitting negative ions which give the air an invigorating freshness, (similar to that found at waterfalls, by the sea, on mountain-tops and after thunderstorms). Also, creating a sense of well-being, negative ions can help reduce the effects of indoor air pollution from computers and other electrical equipment, poor ventilation and air conditioning.
It’s important to note that no major studies have supported the alleged health benefits of Himalayan salt lamps when it comes to air quality, but one study did suggest that negative ions can help decrease depression.
But that being said, we still think salt lamps can make a great addition to your home, office or meditation room. Different designs can fit your home’s aesthetic, including miniature versions, which make ideal night lights.
Since salt lamps are an excellent choice for home décor and are very beneficial for the environment, they are bound to get dirty with time. The best way to clean your salt lamp is to wet a clean piece of cloth. Wring the water out completely and wipe your lamp’s surface with it. For tougher areas, you will need to rub the cloth a little harder but never go for metal scrubbers or scour pads.
Once the lamp is clean, finish it off by wiping it with a microfibre cloth.
- For indoor use only. Keep lamps away from water as it will dissolve the salt.
- Leave lamp on continuously or for at least 16 hours per day (24/7 would be better) to prevent moisture build up. Note that the bulbs are standard ‘oven light’ bulbs (15-30 watt) and will cost next to nothing for power. . If the lamp is left off for an extended period of time, it will accumulate moisture and ‘weep’
- Follow usual electrical safety instructions at all times.
- Keep out of reach from children and don’t let the family pets lick the salt lamp!
- Never place it near a place that is supposed to contain high moisture. For example, near a wash-basin, a bathroom, kitchen, laundry, basement or attic. The idea is to place it in a well-ventilated area.
- Never place your lamp in exposed areas for longer periods of time like open windows, patio or lawn.
- Never wash your lamp under running water or submerge it in water just in case it accumulates dust on its surface. The salt lamp is made of salt and obviously salt dissolves in water. You will be left with a pool of salty water and no lamp.
- Never place your salt lamps directly on glass or wooden surfaces. The heavy lamp is bound to make scratches on the surface and damage it. Moreover, it can absorb moisture and the surface can get ruined because of the salty moisture.
- Never place your lamp near loudspeakers. The vibrations caused by the speaker may disassemble the bulb and cause it to fuse or break.
- Never switch the lamp on and off continuously as the bulbs will more that likely fuse; costing you money to purchase replacement bulbs.